Vee Rubber America, Inc. Motorcycle/ATV Warranty Information
Warranty: Vee Rubber America, Inc. warrants to the original retail purchaser of every new Vee Rubber brand motorcycle/ATV tire sold and marketed in North America that the tire will be free from defect in material and workmanship for a period of 48 month warranty from DOT date or Purchase date is within 48 month period (receipt required)
Tire must be returned to dealer/retailer from whom the tire was originally purchased (this includes mail order and online purchases) If the tire was fitted as original equipment, the tire should be returned to the dealership from whom the vehicle was originally purchased. The purchaser is responsible for all associated shipping and handling cost for their return. All Applicable Taxes and charges are the Responsibility of the Purchaser.
Purchase Receipt must accompany all Warranty Claims.
A CASH REFUND WILL NOT BE EXTENDED IN LIEU OF THE ABOVE
NOT COVERED BY WARANTY:
- There is no warranty offered for mileage/wear on motorcycle/ATV tires
- Tires improperly repaired with section repairs, or whose sidewall have been modified by the addition or removal of material. The serviceability of any repaired/altered tire is entirely the responsibility of the person making the repair or modification
- Tires fitted with used, damaged or incorrect size inner tubes.
- Tire in which anything other than air has been used as a support medium
- Tires rendered unserviceable by road/trail/track hazard-type damage such as impact breaks, punctures, cuts.
- Tires rendered to be misaligned, unbalanced, under or over inflated, overloaded or improperly mounted.
- Tires with less than 2/32nd of an inch of thread depth in any portion of the tire.
- Tires more than 4 years after manufacture, or purchased more than 4 years ago, whichever comes first.
- Mounting, balancing and other charges (such as towing) related to your claim.
- Tires other than original size supplied as standard by OEM.
- Tires with a speed rating, Load index or casing other than that as recommended by the OEM.
- Tires mounted more than one time.
- Tires ridden extensively in condition other than that as recommended by the manufacture.
- Damaged bead wire and or bead seat area.
- Tires that are submitted by anyone other than the original purchaser/owner of the product in question.
- Ozone cracking/weather checking for tires treated with dressings or incompatible cleaning agents.
You are responsible for proper tire care, lawful and prudent vehicle operation. Maintain tire inflation and load in accordance with vehicle owner’s manual, tire information, placard and restrictions molded on sidewall. Check inflation pressure frequently with a tire gauge and inspect for damage or irregular wear.
For Technical Information and Warranty Submissions. Please contact or submit to
Len Manny (Technical Services Manager)
Email : email@example.com
Phone : 404-305-9396